There’s more to Elk County than viewing elk! While many folks like to rest & relax while they Kick It In The Sticks, there’s lots to see while you’re staying in your vacation cabin in Benezette!
To help you plan your trip, we’re putting together some of our favorite adventures. Check back often for new ideas!
Almost all of the bulls have shed their antlers and are sporting new growth. Soon, calves will be born.
- May 27 – Wapiti Waddle Duck Race – Benezette
- May 28 – Fish for Free Day (statewide) & Bennett’s Valley Senior Center Family Fishing Day – Weedville
- June 3-4 – Hazen Flea Market – Hazen
- June 3 – Live Music – Medix Hotel
- June 10-11 – Snake Hunt – Sinnemahonig Sportsmen’s Club
- June 10 – Live Music – Driftwood Saloon
- June 19-24 – Ridgway Fireman’s Carnival
We also suggest you check out the PA Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau, or the PA Wilds for ideas and review the event calendar for The Elk Country Visitor Center.
If you’re really looking to get out there, we recommend giving Jeff & Janet at Hicks Run Outfitters a call. They’re naturalist guides and certified wildlife watch instructors that offer many services, including guided photography tours.